This year’s VRCORE Awards ceremony has just wrapped-up in Shanghai, China, presenting 14 virtual reality (VR) applications with a total of 15 awards. The contest provides great opportunities for all developers and teams who are interested in China market, with the winners offered the chance to establish cooperative relationships with Chinese partners and to enter China market.
The VRCORE Awards have been held annually since 2016, and in that time have become one of the most high-profile VR contests both domestically and inter nationally. Over the past 3 years, 43 awards have been given to 39 projects that excelled from more than 800 entries from 20 countries and regions. The categories of the content included game, film, education, medicine, real estate, museum, among many others.
This year’s ceremony featured 15 awards in total, including 6 general awards, 5 awards for Console/PC Group and 4 for Mobile Group. New additions to the awards line-up this year include ‘Most Business Potential Award’, which aims to seek good content with the potential for global success after its release, and the ‘Best Narrative Award’, which has been set up in the hope of encouraging developers to pay more attention to storytelling in VR contents.
The full list of winners from the 2019 VRCORE Awards is as follows:
- VRCORE Award – Focus on You – Smilegate Entertainment
- Best Game – Fujii – Funktronic labs
- Best Movie – Black Bag – VRTimes
- Best Industry Content – Virtual Simulation Security Training Platform – MR.ART
- Best Creative – Mandala – Sandman Studios
- Most Business Potential – Christmas Eve – iQIYI VR
- Best Art (PC/Console) – Rogan: Thief in the Castle – Smilegate Entertainment
- Best Audio (PC/Console) – Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising – KUKRGAME
- Best Interactive (PC/Console) – A Township Tale – AltaVR
- Best Narrative (PC/Console) – Black Bag – VRTimes
- Best LBE – Levy’s Grimoire-Blade & Magic – Metal Cat
- Best Mobile Game – Fire Escape: An Interactive VR Series – iNK Stories
- Best Mobile Industry Content – MeshInstruct – Meshicon Software
- Best AR Content – Ello AR – Pinta Studios
- Best Mobile Interactive – Barren War – Water Bear Studio
You can find out more about each title in a special celebratory video created by our friends over at VRFocus below, and be sure to get in touch if you wish to know more about participating in the VRCORE Awards for 2020!
Kevin Joyce was been working with immersive technology since 2013, establishing VRFocus.com as one of the leading AR and VR publications before joining Admix, a non-intrusive advertising platform designed specifically for immersive experiences, as Lead Evangelist.